The International AIDS Society (IAS) is currently accepting applications from individuals who are working, volunteering or studying in the area of HIV to take advantage of the International AIDS Society as will give out both in-person and virtual scholarships for IAS 2023.
If you are at least 18 years old on 23 July 2023 and working, volunteering or studying in the area of HIV, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship for IAS 2023, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, which takes place in Brisbane, Australia, and virtually from 23 to 26 July 2023.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): International AIDS Society (IAS), Australia
Host Institution(s): International AIDS Society (IAS), Australia
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Applicants who are working, volunteering or studying in the area of HIV
Nationality: All nationalities
DETAILS | International AIDS Society Scholarship for IAS 2023
You may indicate your preferred attendance type in your application, as well as the types of financial support you require for your participation. Please note that given the high demand, we may not be able to grant full scholarships or in-person scholarships to all selected candidates.
The IAS 2023 Scholarship Programme supports attendance at IAS 2023. For other opportunities offered by the IAS, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, which takes place in Brisbane, Australia, and virtually from 23 to 26 July 2023.
To be eligible for International AIDS Society Scholarship for IAS 2023, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Abstract presenters whose submission has been selected for the conference
- Applicants from low- and middle-income countries
- Applicants who are part of key populations and people living with HIV
- Young people and junior investigators below the age of 35
- Applicants who did not previously receive a scholarship for an IAS conference
- Registration for in-person plus virtual attendance (access to all sessions at the conference venue, as well as access to the virtual platform)
- Travel support (pre-paid economy class return ticket from the nearest international airport)
- Accommodation (single room in a budget hotel)
- Daily living allowance for the duration of the conference
For Virtual attendance:
- Registration for virtual attendance (full online access to all conference sessions, including virtual networking sessions)
- Accessibility support (exclusively for applicants with connectivity challenges to facilitate their access to the virtual content of IAS 2023)
How-to-Apply: To apply for a scholarship, all eligible candidates will have to answer questions about their background, experience and motivation to attend the conference and upload a letter of recommendation. All answers must be in English. This letter must fulfil the following basic criteria:
- Written in English
- Include a letterhead of your referee’s organization, company or institution
- Dated within two months of the application submission and signed (original or digital signature) by the referee
- Explicitly mention you and support your scholarship application and attendance of IAS 2023
In the application form, candidates will be able to indicate what attendance type they prefer and request different types of financial support.
We only accept applications that are submitted through the conference account, which you can create as of 15 November if you do not already have one. Please note that the email address you use for your account will be used for all communication from us and cannot be changed later. Once logged in, go to the scholarship section and follow the instructions to create a scholarship application.
We do not accept applications sent by email or regular mail.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023