A host of wealthy and influential Ghanaians and others from Africa who graced the book launch of Asamoah Gyan purchased the book exorbitantly to herald the dawn of a new chapter in the life of Ghana’s most prolific striker.
The book which tends to be an autobiography about Gyan dubbed ‘LeGyandary’ was launched at the Kempinski Hotel in Accra on April 30, 2022.
The program was attended by high-profile personalities including former footballers drawn across Africa, the president of Ghana, Nana Akufo Addo, and the CAF President, Patrice Motsepe.
Significantly, the Chief Executive Officer of Special Group of Companies, producers of Special Ice Mineral Water, Dr. Ernest Ofori Sarpong went for the first copy for ₵100,000, followed by maverick politician Kennedy Agyapong who made his presence felt by buying the book for a whopping ₵100,000, followed.
See a list of the top distinguished men who flexed their financial muscles at the August event and how much they bought the book for;
1. Dr. Ernest Ofori Sarpong picked the first copy at ₵100,000
2. Kennedy O. Agyapong picked 2nd copy at ₵100,000
3. Freedom Jacob Caesar went for the third copy at ₵50,000
4. Kurt Okraku registered his relevance with ₵50,000
5. Tony Oteng Gyasi lifted the fourth copy ₵20,000
6. CEO of Azmera Restaurant supported Gyan with ₵20,000
7. Alan Kwadwo Kyeremateng bought his at ₵10,000
8. Kumasi Asante Kotoko CEO, Nana Yaw Amponsah also picked his copy at GHC 10,000 in pocket
9. KGL Group bought GHC 20,000